Employee Guide and Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Below is a summary of important information regarding our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
This policy can be accessed in its full format by visiting Direct Connect | Learn More & Get Help
The full employee guide can be accessed here 2020-21 Employee Guide. We are committed to conducting all of our business honestly and with a high standard of personal and business ethical behavior. Our collective commitment is the bedrock for living up to our six values:
• Serve Others: Own it, personalize it and elevate it.
• Do Right: Act with integrity - always do the right thing, knowing it leads to the right outcome.
• Drive Value: Grow profit through smart and innovative business practices.
• Do Good: Preserve our natural environment and contribute to the success of our local communities.
• Be Safe: Be committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and guests.
• Have Fun: Fun is our product-create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
As a growing and increasingly visible Company, it is important that we have a common language and set of guidelines to help reinforce and uphold our values. That’s why we have created the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, which applies to all employees of the Company. Our Code provides the operating principles that help us live up to those values and responsibly serve our five key stakeholders - our guests, our employees, our communities, our environment and our shareholders.
The Code addresses several important topics including safety, conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment, compliance with laws and regulations, protection of the environment, fair dealing, confidentiality, accurate accounting and public reporting, and proper use of Company assets, among others.Each employee is personally responsible to abide by the spirit as well as the letter of the Code, so please make sure that you read and understand it.
If you are uncertain or concerned about something you intend to do, or about something you have seen, we are counting on you to be proactive and seek guidance or to report your concern. If you are unsure of the right thing to do, ask your Supervisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may always call or use our Ethics Helpline, anonymously if you prefer, 24 hours a day 7 days a week by calling 1-866-538-4266 (English and Spanish) or using the Internet site at www.vrethicshelpline.com.